If you practice table tennis on a regular basis, you need to ensure you have your paddle clean and in good condition all the while. Each time a ball touches the surface, it can make the paddle dirty. So, if you are among those who spend long hours practicing the game, you need to take care of your paddle on a regular basis. If your paddle is in good condition, you will have a magnificent game and your strikes will improve as well.
Before you start thinking about cleaning your ping pong paddle, you need to know what you shouldn’t do with the paddle. If you take care of all such things, you can ensure that the paddle is in great condition for a long time.
-What to avoid when cleaning your paddle:
- Never use any harsh chemical to clean the surface. It will erode the surface and the surface shall not be in best condition.
- Do not use any hard or rough substance on the paddle. This will cause scratches on the surface. Your paddle will lose its durability as well.
- Do not delay cleaning the paddle. Clean it as soon as you have played a game. This will ensure great quality.
- If you are using water to clean the paddle, you need to ensure that there is no excess water. If there is excessive water in the paddle, it will start seeping in. Your paddle will be start swelling and it will be permanently damaged. You wont be able to use it for long.
- You should not use any kind of volatile solvents in cleaning the paddle. It will cause immense damage to the paddle.
How To Clean The Ping Pong Paddle:
To clean your paddle, you need a small dish filled with distilled water. You can then sip a small sponge in this water. Remove the excess water from the sponge. You can then use the sponge to clean the surface. Move the sponge slowly as you clean the surface. You will clean the paddle in a wiping motion. Keep cleaning until you are satisfied with how the surface looks. Once you have cleaned one side, you can clean the other side. Let the paddle dry on its own. Once you have completely cleaned the paddle, you can cover it up using a protective plastic cover. Your paddle shall be in top condition for a long time.
Cleaning Your Paddle – Importance of Regular and Consistent Cleaning:
You need to keep your paddle clean regularly. This is especially important when you are playing with new ball. New balls usually have a powder, which tends to cover the paddle in the form of dusty mark. If you do not clean the paddle, it removes the grippiness. You will not be able to play in the best possible way.
If your paddle has a pips-out surface, you can use a cloth to clean the pips. However, you might not be able to completely clean the surface. Pips do not usually have a flat surface. It is quite important to have them clean properly so that longevity is assured. So, how will you clean the pips? You can use a good soft bristled brush for the purpose. Brushes will smoothly remove all dirt, grime or other substances which might be stuck in the paddle. It will help in having the paddle sparkling clean all the while.
Besides, cleaning the table tennis paddle on a regular basis, you need to take good care of the paddle when it is not in use. If it is a cold day or you are going for a long trip, your paddle should be well protected from the cold or the outside moisture. Moisture or cold can damage the rubber. It will actually take a long time to warm up. You will not be able to play well, if it is in a bad condition.
So, next time you practice table tennis, do not forget to take good care of the ping pong paddle. It should be cleaned well and stored well as too. Just spend some time to take care of the paddle and it will be just perfect for you.